3D printing medical devices Market Overview
3D printing functions an essential part of the medical and dental manufacturing sector and is the preferred choice of medical device manufacturers, for its cost-effective production of all types of medical devices such as the custom-made knee, hearing aids, hip implants, and prostheses.
Global 3D printing medical devices market application is anticipated to grow due to influential factors such as the increase in investment by the growing use of 3D printing device in the healthcare industry the governments towards the healthcare sector, rising technological advancements in 3D printing, and easy production of medical devices.
According to a report issued by Market Research Future (MRFR), the global 3D printing medical devices market has been assessed to grow at a CAGR of 18% during the forecast period from 2018 to 2023.
3D printing medical devices Market Regional Analysis
North America has been expected to dominate the global 3D printing medical device market over the forecast period, due to the growth in the demand for organ transplant surgeries in the region, and the increase in investments made by the government towards the research and development of advanced 3D printing technologies.
Europe is the second-largest regional market for 3D printing medical devices, owing to favorable government investments, rise in research and development. Additionally, the changing lifestyles of consumers have led to an increase in patient population and number of surgeries, consequently contributing to the growth of the 3D printing medical device market in the region.
Asia-Pacific has been assessed to grow as the fastest-growing region in the 3D printing device market through the forecast period, due to the growing prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, blood pressure disorders among others, the increasing investments in the healthcare sector by the government, and increase in the geriatric population.
The Middle East Africa region has been accounted for the comparatively smallest market share in the global 3D printing medical devices market owing to a healthcare sector that needs improvement, lack of medical knowledge, and inadequate medical facilities.
3D printing medical devices Market Segmentation
- The global 3D printing medical devices market has been segmented into product type, application, and end user.
- The market, on the basis of product type, has been segmented into manual cell harvesters, 3d printing market analysis pdf and automated cell harvesters.
- The manual cell harvesters segment is estimated to hold the largest share owing to the high preferability of manual cell harvesters, whereas the automated cell harvesters segment is expected to be the fastest growing due to increased awareness and rise in the use of automated technologies in devices.
- The market, by application, has been segmented into biopharmaceutical application, stem cell research, and others.
- The market, by end user, has been segmented into pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, research institutes, and others.
- The pharmaceutical companies segment is estimated to account for the largest share. This owes to the increase in research and development activities of companies to come up with new innovative treatment options. The biotechnology companies segment is estimated to be the fastest growing due to the growing awareness about the advantages of using biotechnology techniques.
3D printing medical devices Market Competitive Landscape:
The key players identified in the global 3D printing medical devices market are 3D Systems Corporations, 3T RPD Ltd., Arcam AB, Bio3D Technologies, EnvisionTEC, Cyfuse Medical K.K.EOS GmbHConcept, Laser GmbH, Materialise NV, Organovo Holdings, Inc., Oxford Performance Materials, Inc., Renishaw plc, Prodways Group, Stratasys Ltd., and SLM Solutions Group AG.
About Market Research Future:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our customers to unravel the complexity of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Half-Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Consulting Services. MRFR team have supreme objective to provide the optimum quality market research and intelligence services to our clients.
Market Research Future (part of Wantstats Research and Media Private Limited),
99 Hudson Street, 5Th Floor,
New York, New York 10013
United States of America
+1 628 258 0071